Below are the 2019 Art on the Ave Grub Crawl participants.
Look for the Bright Yellow Grub Crawl Signs in the Restaurant Windows
- Spanky Burger & Brew – 1st Place Winner | Sweet Treat!
Sweety Meaty (Fresh maple pillow donut from Legendary Donuts that we butter and grill, with crispy bacon, a fried egg, grilled ham, and melted American cheese on one of our famous spanked patties.)
- Legendary Doughnuts – | Second Place | Sweet Treat!
Crème Brulee Doughnut
- Ice Cream Social – Cereal Milk Ice Cream Sandwich with Fruity Cookie
- O’Malley’s – First Place Winner | Savory Bite!
– Fried Corned Beef on a Stick with Potato Salad and Coleslaw
- Crown Bar – Second Place | Savory Bite
Stuffed Dates Lollipop
- Asado – Pork Empanadas
- La Ca Bar – 5 Spice Chicken Wings
- Beefy’s Burgers – Hawaiian Roll Slides
- Jazzbones – Hawaiian Pork Tacos
- E9 – Corndog (Hand Battered with E9 Brewing Co Beer Batter, Bratwurst, Caramelized Onion and House Mustard Sauce and 78 Red Ketchup $6. We’ll also do it with E9’s famous beer battered fries for an additional $2.)
Thank you to our Art on the Ave Grub Crawl Judges for 2019 | David Rose, Q13 Fox News; Ed Troyer, Pierce County Sheriff’s Department; Aura Mae your Kitchen Beautician; Tacoma Council Member Robert Thoms
Below are the 2018 Art on the Ave Grub Crawl participants.
Grub Crawl participating restaurants for 2018 are:
SAVORY BITE :
- O’Malley’s – Corned Beef Tacos | 1st Place Winner! (A match made in heaven! Street taco style soft corn tortillas topped with corned beef, which is slow cooked in Guinness, Mexican cheese, crisp cabbage slaw, fresh made salsa, and cilantro lime aioli)
- La Ca Bar – Grilled Beef Skewer (spicy) | 2nd Place
- Asado – Burger Dip Empanada
- Crown Bar – Avocado Toast (avocado, olive oil, black sea salt)
- Engine House 9 – Focaccia Mini Pizza (Housemade Focaccia, Crushed Spiced San Marzano Tomatoes, Grande Mozzarella, Fresh Basil, Parmesan Herb Dust)
- Fish! Fish! Fish! – Haddock & Chips British (small)
- Gateway to India – TBD
- Jazzbones – Pulled Pork Sliders
- Pizza Press – Cheese & Pepperoni Pizza
- Spanky Burger & Brew – Sweet Aloha Burger ( melted Swiss American cheese, 2 grilled slices of ham, grilled pineapple, tomato, red onions, and a house made teriyaki mayo)
SWEET TREAT :
- Ice Cream Social – S’more’s Sundae | 1st Place Winner! (homemade marshmallow ice cream, homemade graham cracker cookie, and chocolate fudge topping)
- Legendary Donuts – Boozy Balls | 2nd Place (Raised Doughnuts with Bailey’s or BSB Cream)
- O’Malley’s – Irish Apple Cake with Bailey’s Irish Cream Custard (A deliciously moist cake made from scratch with chunks of fresh, crisp apples and a rich drizzle of in house made Bailey’s Irish Cream custard to top it off)
- Pizza Press – Beer Float
During the festival, three of your hometown judges (Aura Mae – the Kitchen Beautician, Ed Troyer – Pierce County Sheriff Spokesman, and Interim Tacoma Council Member Justin Camarata), will be visiting each participating restaurant and judging their entries for “Sweet Treats” and/or “Savory Bites”. Once the votes have been compiled, the judges will then announce the winners at the Ice Cream Social’s sponsored stage in the TAPCO parking lot.
Entries & Winners for 2017:
Ice Cream Social – Strawberry Shortcake (1st place Sweet Treat)
Legendary Doughnuts – Chocolate Covered S’more (2nd place Sweet Treat)
- The Pine Room – Meatball Slider with basil on potato baguette (1st place Savory Bite)\
- Gateway to India – Chicken with mint/cilantro sauce (2nd place Savory Bite)
Spanky’s – Peanut Butter Bacon Burger (a close third for Savory Bite)
- O’Malleys – Reuben Pierogi & Guinness Cake
- Jazzbones – Spam Sliders
- E9 – BBQ Pork Flautas
Crown Bar – Pork Sliders
- Asado – Empanadas (with lamb, beef, chorizo and pine nuts with a chimichurri sauce on the side)